This group is open to women (18+) who have experienced any form of sexual violence and/or abuse. The group runs twice a month, and is open to those who have completed an initial assessment.
The group will provide you with a safe and confidential space where you can receive and provide support to other women who have had similar experiences.
The group will allow you to explore your feelings and help you to develop new tools that will enable you to move forward with your life.
By coming together with women who have shared experiences it will help you to feel lonely and isolated. Some of the themes which this group may look to cover are:
- Self-esteem and confidence building - Who am I? An exploration into learning more about what makes you; you. Learning about your strengths, your fears, your hopes and your resilience. Helping you to reclaim your true self.
- Experimenting with Art - Not everyone is ‘arty’ and/or feels comfortable with attempting to express themselves in this way. However, we will look to ‘experiment’ using various art-based therapies with a light-hearted and creative approach.
- Coping with anger - Where has my anger come from? Exploring the range of emotions which are preventing you from having the relationships you truly want with yourself and others around you; learning new coping strategies.
- Anxiety facts and myths - Learning about anxiety and techniques to overcome it.
Creative Writing - Exploring your story of survival through using various writing mediums such as poetry, journaling and short stories. Writing is an incredibly powerful way of healing through allowing your story and voice to be heard - your way.
- Mindfulness - Where’s my head at? Exploring different ways of creating a feeling of safety, self-care and relaxation using mindful-based techniques.
- Other possible themes - inspirational guest speakers, music therapy, self care, empowerment, vision boards, life coaching, self-sabotage, negative mindsets, and much more.
You are under no obligation to share any of your experiences – you are in control of what you choose to bring and share within the group.
Please contact the office for more details about the group.
The group will offer a safe space to support and help debrief after you have completed your counselling sessions. This is a client lead group, facilitated by a qualified counsellor.
For many survivors, support is a crucial part of the healing process, and receiving compassionate and validating responses from others can make a real difference.
In order to attend this group you have to have completed your counselling sessions at Jasmine House.
Please contact the office for more info