A new group in which girls will be encouraged to develop and make their own.
This group is open any female girls aged 13-18. It is time to have fun and meet other young women. Limited spaces, up to 8 members.
- Get Creative with Art & Crafts, Music workshops, Singing, Recording and Sign Language sessions.
- Get Active with sport, boot camp and trips.
- Get Inspired and Inspire, discussions and talks.
- Get involved take part in Quiz nights, Theatre Trip and Fundraising events.
This group is open to women (18+) who have experienced any form of sexual violence and/or abuse. The group runs on a Monday evening from 7.00pm to 8.30pm and a Saturday from 12pm to 1.30pm
The group will provide you with a safe and confidential space where you can receive and provide support to other women who have had similar experiences.
The group will allow you to explore your feelings and help you to develop new tools that will enable you to move forward with your life. By coming together with women who have shared experiences it will help you to feel lonely and isolated. Some of the themes which this group may look to cover are:
- Self-esteem and confidence building - Who am I? An exploration into learning more about what makes you; you. Learning about your strengths, your fears, your hopes and your resilience. Helping you to reclaim your true self.
- Experimenting with Art - Not everyone is ‘arty’ and/or feels comfortable with attempting to express themselves in this way. However, we will look to ‘experiment’ using various art- based therapies with a light- hearted and creative approach.
- Coping with anger - Where has my anger come from? Exploring the range of emotions which are preventing you from having the relationships you truly want with yourself and others around you; and learning new coping strategies.
- Anxiety facts and myths - Learning about anxiety and techniques to overcome it.
- Creative Writing - Exploring your story of survival through using various writing mediums such
as poetry, journaling and short stories. Writing is an incredibly powerful way of healing through allowing your story and voice to be heard - your way.
‘At any given moment you have the power to say this is not how my story is going to end’
- Mindfulness - Where’s my head at? Exploring different ways of creating a feeling of safety, self- care and relaxation using mindful- based techniques.
- Other possible themes - inspirational guest speakers, music therapy, self care, empowerment, vision boards, life coaching, self- sabotage, negative mindsets, and much more
This is an exciting new group which members can feel empowered to design and make their own.
This group is open to parents, partners and family members of someone who has experienced any form of sexual violence and/ or abuse.This is a closed group which runs weekly for 1hr 30 minutes over 8 weeks initially; and is run by an experienced counsellor. Limited spaces, up to 8 members.
The group will provide a safe, open and empathetic environment for support to explore, learn and find new tools and strategies they need to support their family member move forward with their lives. For many survivors, support is a crucial part of the healing process, and receiving compassionate and validating responses from friends and family members can make a real difference.
The group aims to offer a safe and confidential environment for family members to explore their own feelings and learn about the impact of sexual violence on the family unit as a whole; whilst forming meaningful connections with others who have had similar experiences, thereby reducing the feelings of stress, isolation and helplessness.
Some of the themes/topics which this group may look to cover are:
- The impact of sexual violence
- Understanding the legal system
- Family dynamics & family therapy
- How to listen and provide space for your family member who has experienced sexual violence - Healthy communication tools and strategies
- Self care for supporters – Who’s supporting you?
- Understanding the range of emotions your family member is experiencing and projecting
- Managing anger and frustration within the home
- Relationship issues and its dynamics
- Other possible themes/ topics such as guest speakers, mindfulness, creative writing, art therapy, music therapy, self care, empowerment, vision boards, life coaching, self sabotage, negative mindsets, trips and much more.