This group is open to women (18+) who have experienced any form of sexual violence and/or abuse.
This group is available to those who are currently waiting for therapy or have completed your therapy here at Jasmine House.
The support group consists of 4 sessions, once a week, lasting approximately 60 minutes
The group will provide you with a safe and confidential space where you can receive support with your mental health and wellbeing.
The group will allow you to develop new tools for your mental health and wellbeing. Providing you with coping strategies before therapy and supporting you with personal development skills after therapy. (Groups can be a minimum of 3 participants)
By coming together with women who have shared experiences, this may help you to feel less lonely or isolated.
Some of the topic which this group may look to cover are:
- Anxiety- understanding anxiety and the body’s human responses and how this can impact our body and mind. Exploring new coping strategies to overcome current feelings.
- Mindfulness – focusing on techniques that may help you to cope with emotions and improve your wellbeing, such as, grounding and breathing exercises.
- Unhelpful thinking – challenging negative thoughts, exploring positive self-talk/ affirmations and avoidance.
- Self-development- identifying and developing self-care, setting goals and exploring your strengths and qualities
- Healthy living – focusing on sleep hygiene, physical exercise and a healthy happy balance in life.
Some themes/topics may vary.
Please email:- [email protected] for more details about the Jasmine House Support group.